Must be completely bilingual in Spanish and English. Written and verbal native fluency required.
80% of the global working population - 2.7 billion people - are “deskless” workers, with agriculture making up the largest single segment at nearly 900 million. Just in the last five years, most of those deskless workers acquired their first cell phone. In the US, approximately 90 percent of farmworkers have a smartphone now. And yet, growers still manage their workforce using phone calls, clipboards and paperwork.
Here in the U.S. an estimated $3.1B in fresh produce is left in the field due to a worsening farmworker labor shortage as farmworkers leave the industry. Turnover on many farms is very high. Farmers are having to do more with fewer people. And farmworkers don't have it easy either--sexual harassment and injury rates are higher than most industries, and even if wages are good during peak season, annual earnings for farmworker families are among the lowest in the nation.
Ganaz is a workforce management platform for agriculture that addresses shared pain points between employers and workers, in a way that makes a real difference for both.
We’re seeking a Communication and Customer Success Manager who will help us share our story with the industry and the media, share news and use cases with customers and create tools to support our customers’ success. The Communication and Customer Success Manager will join a growing team of technology, sales and agricultural experts. We are already working with some of the leading brands in the industry, and we need help ensuring our customers have the support they need for a successful onboarding and excellent ongoing experience on our platform.
This position is located in Seattle, WA and some domestic and international travel is required. Candidate must have complete written and verbal bilingual fluency in Spanish and English with a deep understanding of Latino culture.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create communication tools & content to help potential customers and current customers understand the value of Ganaz
- Create sales decks, marketing copy, newsletters and press releases
- Create onboarding tools & communications including how-to documents and videos
- Create tools and processes that increase usage and satisfaction of existing customer
- Manage our public relations work with tech and agricultural industry publications
- Support branding work & ensuring consistency across our communications and products
- Manage our social media presence
- User Insights: Do user testing with clients and with farmworkers & processing facility workers. Help build our understanding of user/customer needs and influence the design & features of the product by sharing insights from client meetings, farm visits, farmworker interviews and the online Ganaz community.
- Organize our presence and attend industry events such as trade shows, farmworker job fairs, conferences, informational sessions, etc.
- Support specific accounts in eastern WA with their onboarding and ongoing usage
- Domestic Travel: 20-30%. Occasional international travel (1-2x/year).
Our Communication & Customer Success Manager Will
- Be an exceptional verbal and written communicator in English and in Spanish to all of our stakeholders--from farmworkers to reporters to investors and customers.
- Bring a passion for problem solving that leads to scalable solutions
- Help us make using the product easy, positive and high ROI - turning companies and farmworkers into Ganaz champions.
- Roll up her/his sleeves to get on the farms to truly understand our users.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has over 5 years of communication and/or customer success experience
- You are known for your exceptional communication skills: Ability to actively listen, synthesize information from many stakeholders, distill needs clearly, and create simple, accessible tools & communications
- You have an eye for good design and can create simple materials that look awesome (powerpoints, Facebook ads, simple videos, etc)
- You do not solve the same problem over and over. You provide the kind of customer support that solves the root of their issue so that future customers won’t experience it.
- You have experience creating and delivering training programs
- Candidate must have complete written and verbal bilingual fluency in Spanish and English with a deep understanding of Latino culture.
- You have a strong commitment to excellence and outcomes with a bias for action.
- You're knowledgeable of farming and ideally the produce industry.
- You have the ability to already navigate or quickly learn to navigate tools like Gsuite, Hubspot, Facebook Marketing.
- You pride yourself on your creativity and willingness to try new things. You thrive in a startup environment, are comfortable with ambiguity, and have a commitment to continuous learning.
- Competitive compensation with equity
- Fully paid Medical / Dental / Vision premiums
- Paid time off: company holidays / vacation / sick leave
- Life / Disability insurance
- Flexible work environment: we have an office in South Lake Union with a gorgeous lakefront view, but support our teammates who need the flexibility to work from home on occasion