Ganaz is a workforce management platform for the agricultural industry, addressing communication difficulties between farms and 900+ million farmworkers. Today, our product enables real time communication between workers and employers, bypassing language barriers with automatic translation. If you’ve eaten an apple or enjoyed a salad in the last six months, it’s likely Ganaz was involved.
Our engineering team is looking to grow as we iterate on our existing product and launch new products in the coming year. Our current tech stack: ReactJS, Redux, Redux-Saga, NodeJS (Babel / Webpack / ES6+ / Typescript), Python, Go, PostgreSQL, AWS (SQS, EC2, ALB, Lambda), Terraform, Docker.
- Are excited at the prospect of building technology for an often overlooked workforce, creating products that have a positive impact on people’s lives. We are passionate about increasing social good and hope you are too.
- Think in terms of products and systems. Your strong attention to detail enables you to write robust, maintainable code which your coworkers understand. You leave code better than you found it. Writing tests as you develop is second nature to you.
- Balance adequate planning and testing while quickly launching new features: we have thousands of active users relying on our products.
- Have a strong sense of ownership that extends beyond an individual task/feature.
- Effectively collaborate and support your fellow team members through planning and code reviews. You are familiar with engineering best practices and encourage your coworkers to follow them.
- Enjoy learning and experimenting with new technologies–we have lots of opportunities to grow!
- Value diversity and an inclusive, respectful work environment.
- Believe that sustainable schedules and effective work wins out over late nights.
- 3+ years in a software engineering role, a generalist well-versed in frontend and backend
- Hands-on experience with one of: React / Vue / Angular
- Capable with SQL and relational schema design
- Bonus: deployment automation / devops experience (Chef / Docker / etc)
- Bonus: site reliability engineering experience (redundancy, distributed systems)
- Bonus: automated browser/mobile testing (Selenium, etc)
- Competitive compensation with equity
- Fully paid Medical / Dental / Vision premiums
- Paid time off: Holidays / Vacation / Sick leave
- Life / Disability insurance
- Flexible work environment: We have a quiet, spacious office, full of natural light in South Lake Union with a gorgeous lakefront view. We support our teammates who work from home several days a week.