Ganaz is a workforce management platform for the agricultural industry, addressing communication difficulties between farms and 900+ million farmworkers. Today, our product enables real time communication between workers and employers, bypassing language barriers with automatic translation. If you’ve eaten an apple or enjoyed a salad in the last six months, it’s likely Ganaz was involved.
Our engineering team is looking to grow as we iterate on our existing product and launch new products in the coming year. Our current tech stack: ReactJS, Redux, Redux-Saga, NodeJS (Babel / Webpack / ES6+ / Typescript), Python, Go, PostgreSQL, AWS (SQS, EC2, ALB, Lambda), Terraform, Docker.
As a backend engineer, you’ll craft and extend APIs; collaborate with our frontend engineers and product team to launch rich, intuitive user experiences; propose new features and improvements; refactor existing database schemas and queries to increase performance; wire up metric collection to run A/B tests; improve existing systems to be more fault-tolerant; build dynamic data analysis pipelines; maintain the security of our systems and data; progressively improve the build/deployment of our backend services, and learn new technologies.
- Are excited at the prospect of building technology for an often overlooked workforce, creating products that have a positive impact on people’s lives. We are passionate about increasing social good and hope you are too.
- Think in terms of products and systems. Your strong attention to detail enables you to write robust, maintainable code which your coworkers understand. You leave code better than you found it. Writing tests as you develop is second nature to you.
- Balance adequate planning and testing while quickly launching new features: we have thousands of active users relying on our products.
- Have a strong sense of ownership that extends beyond an individual task/feature.
- Effectively collaborate and support your fellow team members through planning and code reviews. You are familiar with engineering best practices and encourage your coworkers to follow them.
- Value diversity and an inclusive, respectful work environment.
- Believe that sustainable schedules and effective work wins out over late nights.
- Enjoy finding better ways to tackle problems. You are curious and always learning new things–we have lots of opportunities to grow!
- 3+ years in a backend software engineering role
- A deep understanding of one or more backend languages
- Fully capable with SQL and relational schema design
- Exposure to deployment automation / devops
- Huge bonus: site reliability engineering experience (redundancy, distributed systems)
- Competitive compensation with equity
- Fully paid Medical / Dental / Vision premiums
- Paid time off: Holidays / Vacation / Sick leave
- Life / Disability insurance
- Flexible work environment: We have a quiet, spacious office, full of natural light in South Lake Union with a gorgeous lakefront view. We support our teammates who work from home several days a week.