Ganaz is a workforce management platform for the agricultural industry, addressing communication difficulties between farms and 900+ million farmworkers. Today, our product enables real time communication between workers and employers, bypassing language barriers with automatic translation. If you’ve eaten an apple or enjoyed a salad in the last six months, it’s likely Ganaz was involved.
Our engineering team is looking to grow as we iterate on our existing product and launch new products in the coming year. Our current tech stack: ReactJS, Redux, Redux-Saga, NodeJS (Babel / Webpack / ES6+ / Typescript), Python, Go, PostgreSQL, AWS (SQS, EC2, ALB, Lambda), Terraform, Docker.
As a frontend engineer, you’ll collaborate with our design and product team to launch new, rich cross-browser/device user experiences with React/Redux/HTML/CSS; refactor existing features and components for speed and usability; collaboratively plan upcoming product features; drive strong standards throughout our frontend code (actions/data flow, sagas); join us in migrating our front end to Typescript; and learn new technologies.
- Are excited at the prospect of building technology for an often overlooked workforce, creating products that have a positive impact on people’s lives. We are passionate about increasing social good and hope you are too.
- Think in terms of products and systems. Your strong attention to detail enables you to write robust, maintainable code which your coworkers understand. You leave code better than you found it. Writing tests as you develop is second nature to you.
- Balance adequate planning and testing while quickly launching new features: we have thousands of active users relying on our products.
- Have a strong sense of ownership that extends beyond an individual task/feature.
- Effectively collaborate and support your fellow team members through planning and code reviews. You are familiar with engineering best practices and encourage your coworkers to follow them.
- Value diversity and an inclusive, respectful work environment.
- Believe that sustainable schedules and effective work wins out over late nights.
- Enjoy finding better ways to tackle problems. You are curious and always learning new things–we have lots of opportunities outside of front end work!
- 3+ years in a frontend software engineering role
- Fully capable with React + Redux (exposure to sagas is a huge plus)
- Familiar with Webpack configuration and bundle optimization
- Bonus: experience with Typescript
- Competitive compensation with equity
- Fully paid Medical / Dental / Vision premiums
- Paid time off: Holidays / Vacation / Sick leave
- Life / Disability insurance
- Flexible work environment: We have a quiet, spacious office, full of natural light in South Lake Union with a gorgeous lakefront view. We support our teammates who work from home several days a week.